Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We Were Warned

When Bryson started getting mobile, someone warned us that things would just suddenly disappear around the house. We might be lucky and find some of those things in random places months later but most would be gone forever.

Welllllllll....Bryson has struck! Sunday as I was picking up the house, I noticed that Bryson had come into the living room with the TV remote for our bedroom TV. (It is the only one that will work the satellite in the bedroom) I thought to myself, "I better take that away, or it will get lost." But I was too busy cleaning and let the thought slip my mind. However that evening I began looking for the remote and it was nowhere to be found.

My mom came that evening to watch Bryson for a few days while I went to a workshop. I mentioned to her to keep her eyes open for the remote as Bryson played the next day. So the next day Mom mentioned that she noticed Bryson had thrown a couple of his sippy cups that I let him play with in the trash, and I ought to look through the trash for the remote.

That evening I dug through the two bags of trash we had recently thrown out but no remote. For the last four days I have searched every chair cushion, cabinet, closet, trash can, toy box, nook and cranny of our house looking for the remote. Or so I thought I had searched everywhere. As I was picking up toys in our office today I walked by the trash can and thought, "Mmmm I haven't looked in this trash can. I have seen him put things in it before." Low and behold at the bottom of the trash can, below all the papers was the remote. I had just ordered a new remote this morning.

Moral to the story-Take the important item away from the child the minute you think about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And yet what is the solution for the hidden cups of milk? Oh so disastrous...