Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Pool

Yesterday I got the bright idea to get out Bryson's kiddie pool that he got for his birthday and let him play some on the deck. I also thought I could maybe sit in a chair, read a book, take cute pictures of Bryson, and relax some while he played in the pool. Boy was I wrong. Bryson spent the majority of the time trying to climb in and out of the pool over and over again while I kept requesting that he get in and SIT DOWN! I think he heard, "Bryson sit down" at least 50 times. I was so afraid he would slip and crack his head on something because it was so slippery. Finally after taking all the toys out of the pool and announcing that we were going inside did he decide to SIT and play in the pool. Not the relaxing experience I had envisioned.

Mom would you quit telling me to sit down!

Our grapevines on the deck are currently producing tons of grapes which also attracts the birds. I noticed this red bird/cardinal feasting on the treats when we were playing.

Dasher, our dog with a spring in his step! Right before taking this picture he had leaped from the bench on the left of the shot to the table he is currently standing on. He can also jump the full height of our back door. He could probably escape our yard if he really wanted to.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Okay, I love this post. I can totally relate. I too have had visions that did not pan out. However, Bryson looks adorable in his swim shorts. He is a cutie. It was great seeing you this week.