Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Busy July 4th Weekend!

We had a fun and busy July 4th weekend. We took Bryson down to Gran and Grandad's to spend the night. Brian and I headed to Azle for a party at one of Brian's former co-worker's homes. They live on Eagle Mountain Lake. Brian had more fun setting off fireworks. The neighbors had a super fireworks show that was as impressive as any city show. We had great fun.
Family picture at Mom and Dad's


It is amazing to see how much Bryson has changed in one year!



Brian in firework heaven! He loves blowing things up!


Since Bryson was spending the night with the grandparents, Brian and I took advantage of the toddler free time to attack our shed and garage. If you have seen either lately you know how awful they were. We were able to better organize the shed, add another row of shelves, and move some stuff from the garage into the shed. I am so CLOSE to being able to park my car in the garage. It did feel good to get some stuff organized. We just need to get Brian's workspace in the garage cleaned up and some shelving rearranged. Hopefully I will be parking in the garage soon. Here are some before and after pictures of the work.

Shed before

Shed after. I know it may not look much better but we added another row of shelves and organized it much better. We were also able to move quite a bit of stuff from the garage that we don't use regularly and we still even have more room on the shelves!

Garage before

Garage after. I am so excited to have the middle area somewhat cleared out. My car can't fit yet but we are getting closer. Just a little more rearranging and organizing.
Now if I can just keep Brian motivated to build shelves for Bryson's room, install tile in the kitchen, and clean out the office. Wish me luck!

No comments: