Monday, June 30, 2008

Tree Trimming

Brian set out to work on the shed on Sunday and ended up trimming our trees. Somehow I got involved when he asked for my advice on how much to cut. Needless to say I ended doing more work than I intended for a Sunday afternoon. And I ended up in the tree doing the cutting. This is something how the conversation went that resulted in me being in the tree.

Brian: Amber hold the ladder while I climb the tree.
Amber: Okay. How much will you give me to hold it really well? Tee Hee

(At this point Brian attempts to move into the tree from the ladder. He had to hike his leg up pretty good to make the first branch.)

Brian: Ooooo! Owww! (Brian begins climbing down the ladder)
Amber: What's wrong?
Brian: I need to stretch first. (Brian begins some serious leg stretches.)
Amber: (laughing) I bet I can climb into the tree without stretching. I have been working out. Remember.
Brian: Go ahead and try
Amber: Okay I will. (Amber then shimmies up the tree. No stretching needed.)

I guess Brian got his way. He got me to do the work and he was able to stand on the ground and "manage." And he calls me the bossy one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

har har har, very funny!

for the record, the one branch you had to saw didn't quite measure up to the 10 that I did before you came out to help! (and I sure appreciated the help)

it is always a good idea to stretch first!

Leslie said...

That is so funny. You have a very smart husband. He does not need to give any ideas to Jeff.
I have to say that I'm super impressed you did it.
It was great seeing you today. I'm up for stroller skating anytime!