Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Nanny Crises

We have had a nanny crises this week. Our nanny, Lulu, that we share with my good friend Angie has quit. She called Sunday night at 9:00 to say that she was sick and couldn't come to work. We have explained several times that she has to give us notice so we can prepare for a sub. Needless to say we weren't very happy and let her know that. She said she would come to work on Tuesday. But after numerous unreturned phone calls on Monday night it was apparent that she might not be showing up. Sure enough come Tuesday, no Lulu. My sweet, wonderful mother was able to come and watch both boys on Wednesday. So is order to get through these last two weeks of school we had to put Bryson in daycare. I am not very happy about this but it is only for nine more days. Right? I keep having to remind myself of that. So if anyone out their knows a good home based child care, send the info my way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that must be incredibly upsetting. But you're right, it's only 9 days. And then you have the summer to get a plan B. And remember, it's been a TREMENDOUS BLESSING for you and for Bryson to have such great care for the beginning of his life. You couldn't have started things in a more perfect way!

WMW said...

I can't believe that! It's hard to believe someone you trusted to watch over your kid would do something like that so abruptly! But~ You'll make it through it and then you can celebrate summer being here!