Friday, May 23, 2008

My New Job

I am going to have a new job next year! I am bidding farewell to third grade after 10 years. I can't believe it has been that long. I am going to be the SSI teacher at our school. This means I will be coordinating small remedial groups of students who are at risk of failing TAKS, working with teachers, and coordinating tutors. And much much more too. Luckily the teacher who currently is in this role will be taking a new position that will keep her on campus, and she will continue to work closely with me. I am so lucky that she will be around to be a guide. I am very excited about this new job. Not only will it be a change of pace, but it will allow me to take on some new challenges that could help me as a principal later on. Now I just have to clean 10 years of stuff out of my classroom. Oh MY!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

And I wonder where 10 years of classroom stuff is going to go???

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! But it couldn't possibly be 10 years of stuff, cause that would make you older than you could possibly be.

Meredith said...

Congrats Amber! That will be a nice change. You'll be great at SSI!

Amber, Brian, and Bryson said...

Your so right Kate. I couldn't possibly be THAT old. You either right?

Thanks Meredith. I am really excited about this new challenge!

ThePoeFam said...

Congrats! Kara told me and I knew you would do great at it! :)

Leslie said...

I am soooo excited for you!!! You will be awesome at it, like you are with everything! When school is out, we will have to get together and you need to give me the scoop!

WMW said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!

WMW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Congrats! That is great! If you have some great stuff to get rid of....remember your FAVORITE Cousin! :-)